- Who we are
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the Services or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review this Policy often to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
If you are a resident of California, please refer to the “California Residents” section, below.
- Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information directly from you when you sign up for email content and updates on our Site, contact us via our Site or otherwise, pre-order or order our Services, or create an account.
The personal information we collect directly includes your name, email address, phone number, username and password (for account creation) and other information you may provide when you contact us directly.
By submitting personal information to us, or our service providers and agents, you consent to the collection use, disclosure, and transfer of your personal information in accordance with this Policy and as permitted or required by law. You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection, use, disclosure, or transfer of your personal information time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you withdraw your consent (or if you decide not to provide certain personal information), you acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you, or continue to provide you, with certain products, services, or information that may be of value to you.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Site, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Cookies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used on the Site or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience on our Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain personal information from other sources. For example, we may collect personal information about you when you interact with us through our Social Media pages.
Information Collected Using Web Analytics Tools
We may use Google Analytics Advertising features such as demographics and interest reporting to collect anonymized data about visitors to the Site. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics at policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics by accessing Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your approximate location based on your IP address.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Use of Personal Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the Services you request and to customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us, and provide news and information we think will interest you (see below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Site or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Potential Motors and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors on the Site;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell, trade or rent the personal information we collect. We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With vendors and service providers that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Potential Motors or others;
- To allow you to share or post content on our Social Media via third-party social media platforms. The privacy policies of such social media platforms will apply to any content you share or post, and Potential Motors is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third-party platforms.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among us and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent, at your direction or as otherwise permitted by law; and
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. In addition, Site visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Retention of Personal Information
The personal information that you provide will be retained by us in accordance with applicable laws. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- What rights you have over your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. We may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you.
If you believe that the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate or complete, you may write to us at email@example.com. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, we will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, we may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by us.
If you have an account on this Site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal information we hold about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal information we hold about you. This does not include any information we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Safeguarding of Personal Information
We have implemented security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information that we collect, use and retain. The security safeguards have been devised to protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Unfortunately, no data collection or storage process can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Should you have further questions or concerns about our security measures, please contact us using the information below.
- Transfer of Personal Information
Potential Motors is a company based in Canada, but some of our service providers may be in the US. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred, stored and processed in the US. As such, your personal information may potentially be accessible to law enforcement and national security authorities of that jurisdiction. When we transfer and process information about you, we will protect it as described in this Policy.
- Interest-Based Advertising
To opt-out of interest-based advertising, and to find information about how to block or limit cookies, visit AdChoices, the Canadian self-regulatory program for online interest-based advertising, administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”).
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (“CASL”)
We will only send you commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”) where we have your express or implied consent to do so. Your consent to receive CEMs is implied where we have an existing business relationship with you, or you have reached out to us and made an inquiry within a certain time frame. You may unsubscribe from receiving CEMs at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button on an email or following the direction provided in a text message.
- California Residents
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, inferences drawn about you, and other categories of personal information that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see “Collection of Personal Information” above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Personal Information” above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “Sharing of Personal Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, and inferences.
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about, and allow consumers to opt out of, any “sales” of their personal information” which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which Potential Motors has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration. We do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA. In the preceding 12 months, we have “sold” the following categories of personal information: identifiers, geolocation data, and inferences. At no point in time have we sold personal information about any consumer whom we knew to be under the age of 16.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, sold and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months and (2) deletion of your personal information. You may make these requests by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide certain information (e.g., asking for your email address) or as otherwise required by the CCPA. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com, or 3 Timothy Ave, N. Unit 12, Hanwell, NB, E3C 0E8.